Shorewood High School
$4,941 - $6,093 per 09/10 SAAA Contract
Closing Date:Until Filled
"Qualified candidates with or without teaching credentials may be considered
for this position. Candidates with an interest in teaching in conjunction
with this position should include their teaching qualifications and
experience as part of the supporting documents."
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop fundamental skills and understanding of the rules of the sport.
* Determine the overall system of play to be used.
* Teach, monitor and display positive behavior for all participants and coaches.
* Maintain a safe environment for participants.
* Be responsible for equipment, supplies, inventory, budget and travel expenses.
* Uphold school, district and state rules and regulations.
* Work with the district and building Athletic Directors with schedules, discipline, finances and other concerns.
* Meet WIAA Coaching Standards (clock hours/documentation needed)
* Pass State Rules Test for above sport (waived with 5+ years experience)
* CPR/First Aid Certified (Copy to be on file)
* Successful coaching experience in the above sports activity.
* Ability to relate in a positive manner with students, staff and parents.
* Have training and experience in presentation of drills, safety factors and proper application of skills.
* Background and ability to organize and administer a complete program.
* All new Head coaches will be required to take and pass a WIAA rules test for that sport within the first 3 weeks of their sports season.
* Re-tests will be allowed within WIAA guidelines.